Tuesday, May 29, 2007

use your freaking call button

Well, I've been pretty busy over the last few days. You can read on my myspace about the details, but I've been in and out of the hospital seeing my dad. Also, I've been staying overnight to make sure that the nurses are doing their job and that his pain does not get too out of control. And I just have to vent for a moment. The lady staying in the room next to my dad's is an older woman who has apparently been there for over a month. And whenever she needs something, instead of using the nurse-call button that is inches from her hand, she yells out. Over and over and over. I've walked by the nurse's station and heard them on the speaker talking to her in her room, telling her that she needs to stop yelling and that she's disturbing other patients. For some reason, this little incident gives me a mix of emotions. Its funny, sad, annoying, disturbing all at the same time. One thing that I really hate about the hospital is that the patients doors always seem to be open, exposing old people in hostpital beds in very revealing gowns. And they don't seem to care or notice when their gowns are, well, open. So several times I've walked by and seen way too much of the old man two doors down from dad.

As you can see I'm trying to keep my sense of humor...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm glad you're keeping your sense of humor & i'm sure you are washing the 'hospital' off of you when you get home!

cassidy ann said...

absolutely!