Friday, May 11, 2007

I thought I was the only one...

So, I did it. Thursday evening I met my mom in the Weight Watchers parking lot and walked on in for my first meeting. I have to admit I was a little nervous. Especially when I saw the scales and all of the people weighing in before me. But I stepped up there and did it. And it's really great how they do it. They print a little sticker and put it on this card. It shows your current weight and how close you are to your initial goal of 10 percent.

I lost one pound.

But, hey, I think that's pretty great seeing as I just got started three days before the meeting... So, we all gathered inside the meeting room and got started. There was even another new mom in there with her little baby (very cute, her hair stood straight up like duck fluff). There were people there that had lost over 70 pounds! Pretty awesome. I mean, it wasn't anything that left me feeling like running five miles, but I know it's going to take some time. This is something that I know is going to take me a while, they always say that it takes nine months to gain all the weight, so it will take about that time to lose it all. I'm hoping for faster results, but we'll see. I've felt pretty good so far, except that we went to Hideaway Pizza tonight. Ouch. Anyone who knows me knows that pizza is my vice. Well, pizza and coffee. But tonight it was just sweet, sweet pizza. Hey, that's what allowance points are for!

That's all for now
Cass

No comments: