Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Let's get the ball rolling...

Ok, ok. A blog. I know. It's one of my friend's least favorite word in the English language. It's something I never thought I would have. But with a little inspiration (thank you, Hailey!) and a desparate need for some sort of creative outlet, I thought I would give it a shot. First, a little about me.

I am in love, with a 3 month old.

It's my little girl, Ava Lynn, and she has me completely wrapped around her sweet little pinkie. I swear that being a mother is one of the most rewarding things that I have done with my life this far, even though I've only been at it for several weeks. But some things happened as I was growing and incubating this little one inside me.

  • I had the sudden urge to eat various weird things, ie. McDonald's Dollar Menu McChicken sandwiches, toast with strawberry jelly (which I craved every time I walked past the toaster), anything lemon flavor, and easymac.
  • My legs, arms, feet, hands and face swelled to unrecognizable size. Let me illustrate further- I had to wear flip-flops all winter, i had to cut my wedding ring off with wire-cutters, and I have calf stretchmarks, yes! stretchmarks on my CALVES from their expansion with the insane water weight.
  • I gained about fifty pounds. Most of this was water because I lost 35 pounds in TEN DAYS after my little sunshine arrived.

I mean, to myself, I was unrecongnizable in pictures (and the mirror at times). Needles to say, I've got about 30 pounds of weight, real weight, to go. This is partially the reason for my new found blog desire.

So, I joined Weight Watchers.

I know, just the words have a "mom-tone" to them. But, I guess since I'm a mom now, this applies to me too. I just always thought of it as something that "other" people did. Now I'm an "other"...

I go to my first meeting on Thursday. And I've been told by my friend, Leslie, that I should drink massive quantities of caffeine in order to keep up with the level of enthusiasm that will knock me over at this meeting. But that would be too many points...

Well, we'll see how it goes...

Cass

No comments: