Thursday, June 7, 2007

mmmmm.... wizards

So, as my few (possible only one) readers know, I've been through the emotional ringer over the last couple of weeks. Here's a brief update:
1. Dad is now home again and breathing normally, thank God.
2. He just finished a five day radiation treatment, which involved me driving about fifty miles a day to get him there and home.
3. My class started this week.

Ok, there is more to be said about the last item on that list. This is no ordinary class. This is Fantasy Literature. While trying not to sound judgemental I have to say that there is a certain type of person that takes this class. Besides myself and Leslie, who need it for an elective, only people who spend hours playing online games or reading long series of books about dragons, magic, or witches have enrolled in this class. Now, I have to admit that there are some books that I love that technically fall into this category. Chronicles of Narnia and some of Ray Bradbury's stories are things that I love. But this class is going to be interesting. We've only had two classes and already we've watched a movie about "ringers", people who are obsessed with Lord of the Rings. This is serious, folks, one lady sold her house to travel to New Zealand for the premier of the last movie... Wow.

Needless to say, its exhausting...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ok cass, you are beating around the bush and being nice...THESE PEOPLE ARE FA-REEEAAAKING WEIRDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haileyrenea said...

ironically enough, i read this just as i insterted and pushed play for no other than- Lord of the Rings.

In my defense, I haven't seen the movie in years.

I miss you Cass. And you have more than one reader :)

cassidy ann said...

No worries, it doesn't make you a "ringer". Google that one, you will laugh. By the way. First time I saw Lord of the Rings was at YWAM. Good times.

Ricky said...

wow.

cass, one your readers is the type of person that would take that class. me. ;) but you probably already knew that.

in my defense.. no no, i will resist the urge to explain myself. i like what i like. i do sympathize with you though. even i would not want to be stuck in a room full of mees.

cassidy ann said...

so you're saying you're a fanboy?