Friday, June 22, 2007

i'm a horrible mother


Today, for the first time, I realized that I can't be too prideful about my new-mom skills. Last night, I came home from class and found that Ava was still asleep from a nap that started at 6:15. This was great because she had been fighting it all day and really needed to get some good rest. She slept until 9:00, so I went in and got her to feed her. She barely even woke up, so I put her right back down after she ate. No big deal, right? She slept all night and Ididn't hear from her until about 6:45 this morning. This is the sad part.
I went into her room and found her on her tummy (she's started rolling over from back to front, but can't get back over) in a near-puddle of pee. She was soaked, the sheets were soaked, her blanket was soaked. Then it struck me that I didn't change her diaper before I put her back down for the night. Basically she hadn't had her diaper changed in over 12 hours!!! You can only imagine the feeling of grief that washed over me. I felt HORRIBLE!!! My poor sweet baby, laying there in her own pee!
Needless to say, I stripped off her clothes, stripped off the sheets, threw them in the washing machine and her into the tub. Today was her first 7 am bath. Bless her little heart.

She immediately forgave me, and had a blast splashing in the tub which completely soaked me.

Baby payback.

cass


here's her first swim



1 comment:

Unknown said...

i knew she'd get you back! that little one is a kicker!!!