Sunday, November 16, 2008

picadilly

I have a question. Why do we have to have such restaurants as the Picadilly in America? What is a Picadilly? Or, as Matt asks, What is a Dilly and why would he want to pick one? Let me tell you about my day...
First we went to a little church on the TU campus to watch a bell choir. Mark was playing the djembe with them. It was fantastic. Anyway, the grandmas all decided that we should continue our family togetherness and go on to lunch. And, being that they are from that generation, they decided that a "cafeteria" would be the best place so that they could accomodate us all. Ok, I haven't eaten in a cafeteria since I was in high school. And trust me, the food there was much better. But we did it, caravaned over to the place and got in line. I think the median age was about 72, but hey, why not. After moving through the line of jello and other assorted, easy to chew entrees and desserts, we sat down. This was an experience I hope not to duplicate any time soon. I feel like my stomache has a lead ball in it, and surely it will take at least four hours on the tredmill to run off the "Caro-nut pie" that Matt's beautiful white haired grandmother forced me to split with her. Just in case you don't know, caro syrup is a sugary concoction that people cook with. Consequently, if you put a little bit in a baby's bottle, it helps with constipation. Wonder what that's doing for me calorie wise.
c

1 comment:

corrie said...

i came across your blog from your facebook account...it passed my time at work today, thank you for that.

i enjoyed your thoughts.