Wednesday, November 12, 2008

here we go

Ok folks, first of all it's been a long time since I've touched this dusty old blog. But with some new endeavors in mind, I have a new found desire to keep this thing going. As a mom of two, my body has changed drastically. Over the course of the past three years I have been pregnant twice with not much time in between. So, as my youngest is now two months old, I feel it's time to set serious weight loss goals. I feel like I want to say some "overall lifestyle change" goals, but that would not be the case. As of right now, I really would just like to lose the weight. But I know it's a lifestyle change that is going to make that happen. So, here's the goal. By May 1st 2009 I would like to have lost 30 pounds. I would also like to be able to run all the way around LaFortune Park (3.2 miles), and I would like for my BMI to be within a healthy range.
As of right now, I work out about three times a week at the YMCA. It's been so nice to drop the kids off in the nursery and go get some "me time". Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do a fifteen minute abs class (and this is an insane class, fifteen minutes may seem short but there are several times that I find myself looking up at the clock thinking, "is this over yet?"). Monday is a PowerPlay class (taught by the traditional, iconic woman in a sportsbra with a bandana on her head. Oh, and she wears a headset. I have this visual image of her doing steps and breathing really hard into the headset... quasi scary). Friday is Power Yoga. This is my favorite, and it garuantees that I will be sore all weekend. Other than that, I try and spend some time on the elliptical machine or treadmill, and I have a weightlifting sequence as well.
So, while it may sound like I know what I'm doing, I don't. The weight isn't really coming off yet. I know I need to really push myself, and I most likely need to add one more day per week. For now, I'll stick to three and see what I can do. My goal is to keep myself accountable by blogging everyday if possible. Also, I've learned that weighing in everyday tends to help. So, my starting weight for all to see is (drumroll....) 151.8lbs. My first little goal is to be below 150 by November first. We'll see....
c

2 comments:

haileyrenea said...

You can do it!!

Remember when I lost 35 lbs post-YWAM? It was hard getting started but once I got a routine going it was just like a waiting game.

Of course now I've gained maybe 10 back, but knowing that I can lose it again is still somehow empowering.

I haven't forgotten my email!

Much, much love,

h

Anonymous said...

You can do it sister. Hard at first but you don't know how to push yourself hard until you know exactly what will wear you out. So stick with it! See you up there, I am working out on Tuesday and Thursday.

Casey.