Sunday, October 28, 2007

irvington

A word of advice.. never drive through your old neighborhood when you are sad. I made that mistake last night, and I could barely see to drive through all the tears and snot that welled up instantly on my face. My childhood home, elementary shool and high school are all in a 1/2 mile radius. Just being in that part of town brings back the most intense memories. It's not even like a memory, it's like stepping back in time and living my former life. But nothing is the same now, that house is empty, all my teachers are gone...
c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many incredible memories around those old stomping grounds. Walking home from key, riding the bus, coffee and breakfast at Savoy, neighborhood friends, the pool, bringing Jackson home, Stefi, watching movies, doing retarded amounts of work, basically growing up. These memories should be celebrated, they made us who we are. When I go through the old hood I get excited to think what the future will bring....